Monday, May 10, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I wonder how many blogs are titles this on the day of travel?

Well today we are going to be "Leaving on a Jet Plane", but unlike John Denver I know when I will be back. Today 16 days seems like an eternity to be away from our girls.

On the other hand I am happy that God has given me the opportunity to experience this with Ja.

The conversation in our house the past few weeks has been that of responding to God's call. I have been telling my girls that sometimes when God calls us to do things, those thing might be hard and unpleasant.

It will be hard for them to be without us for 2 weeks. It will be hard to spent 16 days with people we hardly know. And it will be unpleasant to see some of the stuff that we will see. So the question is how do we respond to His call when it has the potential of creating feelings that we normally would try to avoid?

Well last week I was listening to a podcast by James MacDonald. He said that we have the option of looking at the tough things in our lives as OBSTACLES or OPPORTUNITIES. And that times of adversities can draw us close to God. Not to say that this trip will be full of hard time and adversities (as I am sure they will be few and far between), but like a bucket of water when bumped you spill what you are full of. These will be the times when people will hopefully be able to see that I am different, and ask themselves why.

So today as we leave our girls, we leave with excitement and anticipation of the opportunities that God is going to provide us. And as a wise woman once told me (Melissa Gartly!!!) our children have a hand in this by letting us go.

Please pray for us as we travel today and tomorrow. Pray that we would be able to have good conversation with others and above all that God will receive all the glory.

1 comment: